Minister of Religion visa (T2)
You can apply for a Minister of Religion visa (T2) if:
You have been offered a job within a faith community (for example as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order) in the UK
You meet the other eligibility requirements
- Have a certificate of sponsorship for your job
- Prove your knowledge of English
- Have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
- Show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- Have tuberculosis test results if you are from a listed country
Certificate of sponsorship
A certificate of sponsorship holds your personal details and information about the job you have been offered. It is an electronic record, not a paper document. Your sponsor will give you a certificate of sponsorship reference number to add to your application.
Please note: You can only use your certificate of sponsorship reference number once. You must use it within 3 months of getting it.
Knowledge of English
You can prove your knowledge of English by either: