Sportsperson visa (T2)
You can apply for a Sportsperson visa (T2) if all the following apply:
- You are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who is recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally
- Your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application
- Your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level
- You meet the other eligibility requirements
You need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- prove your knowledge of English
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- have tuberculosis test results if you are from a listed country
Please note: You need to have an eligible qualification if you are switching from a Tier 4 visa.
Knowledge of English
You need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.
You can prove your knowledge of English by either: